Saturday, September 22, 2007

We're expecting!!

I'm so excited to start a baby blog!! W00t!!

I guess I should start this blog by giving a background on our journey to how we got here. It's been both of our dreams since we can remember to grow up, marry our best friend's and start our own family. Luckily, we met each other three years ago and got married this past June, so we were so excited that our dreams were coming true. We had talked a lot about when we wanted to have kids over the last few years and we decided that once we got married, we'd just see how things went and we wouldn't prevent it from happening. August comes and I had woken up in a pure sweat at 2 am, which never, ever happens to me and I had found out from friends that it could be a pregnancy sign from the fluctuation of hormones. I decided the next day, August 20, to take a pregnancy test. Sure enough, the test came up positive, so I took a digital pregnancy test since I was in disbelief and it said "Pregnant."

We are sooooooooooooo excited!! So far, I haven't had anything too eventful happen. I am 8 weeks today. From about 6 weeks to 7 weeks, 3 days, I was really nauseas with the nausea getting worse and worse. But, I woke up this last Wednesday and it was completely gone and I haven't had it since. I haven't noticed much of a change in my body as far as looking pregnant, but I can't suck in like I used to.

My first appointment is this Tuesday. I've been praying like crazy that the baby is fine and healthy and growing like it should be. I'm hoping we get excellent news that I can share. It's amazing how much love you feel already for this tiny being that isn't even bigger than an inch yet. I cry at least once a day at the thought of how blessed I am and how much I feel for those who have trouble trying to get pregnant. It's just been such an amazing experience thus far and I hope it continues for the rest of this baby's life!

No comments: